Shraddha Kapoor plays the role of Tara in her upcoming film OK Jaanu, directed by Shaad Ali. It is an unconventional love story set in India in which a young couple has a live-in relationship with each other, and have their own ambitions ahead in life. Shraddha Kapoor talks about her co-star Aditya Roy Kapur, her experience working under Shaad Ali’s direction and the film itself. OK JAANU: An Interview With Shraddha Kapoor.
1) OK Jaanu looks like the perfect, feelgood film to welcome in the New Year. Would you agree?
Shraddha Kapoor: Yes I do. It’s in a happy space, the film and is perfect for everyone who wants to have a smile on their faces.
2) It seems the perspectives of alternative generations are presented through Adi and Tara; and Gopi and Charu. Do you feel the film will consequently appeal to a broad demographic of cinemagoers?
Shraddha Kapoor: Absolutely. It will appeal to a wide range of audience simply because that’s the construct of its story.
3) How is Shaad Ali to work with as a director?
Shraddha Kapoor: Amazing. He is so into what he does and is extremely passionate so that’s very inspiring. At the same time he gives you that room to do what you would like to, in front of the camera.
4) You appear onscreen with Aditya Roy Kapur following the huge success of Aashiqui 2. Although different in genres, what sort of screen magic can audiences expect from you both once again?
Shraddha Kapoor: The expectations are high and I do hope that the audience enjoys seeing us in this film. It is a different space from our first film together.
5) Tell us an interesting anecdote from the sets.
Shraddha Kapoor: There are too many. One of the best things about this film was that everyone was very invested in the film personally. Especially the assistant directors.
6) How relatable was Tara as a character to you personally and how did you immerse yourself in the character?
Shraddha Kapoor: One of the most important things that Shaad wanted to come across was that I am more mature than Aditya’s character and hence he told me to focus on the way I deliver my dialogues.
7) There is a rich, filmic heritage of remaking popular Tamil films in Bollywood. How much does OK Jaanu mirror the earlier OK Kanmani?
Shraddha Kapoor: It is exactly the same as the Tamil one only thing is that it is adapted to Hindi cinema.
8) Bollywood cinema, as an art, seems to be more closely imitating life, through subject matters and narratives. Do you feel OK Jaanu is emblematic of that and reflects modern, urban life in India more realistically?
Shraddha Kapoor: Yes and more so in an entertaining manner. I think it is an important topic that we are touching upon.
9) Why should audiences go and see OK Jaanu on 13th January?
Shraddha Kapoor: They should go and see it if they want to have a smile on their faces and be entertained with a relevant topic today.
OK Jaanu releases in cinemas on 13th January 2017
Produced by Mani Ratnam and Karan Johar
Directed by Shaad Ali
Distributed by Fox Star Studios
OK JAANU: An Interview With Shraddha Kapoor.
Tags: India, Interviews
Your email address will not be published.
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Current ye@r *
Leave this field empty